Emilio holds an MBA from Bocconi University Milan.
Senior Project Manager
Jörg holds a PhD in climate economics from Imperial College London and studied economics in Heidelberg, Bonn (Germany) and Jyväskylä (Finland).
(example selection from Steel Hub‘s 50+ experts)
Our expert has published two books on cold rolling and is experienced in staff training activities.
– De-dusting systems manager including undertaking installations
– Construction, coordination and testing of primary and secondary fumes for the kiln with steel 250 ton
– Smoke system revamping, new secondary hood, dioxins abatement plant
– New fume filtration system on EAF 1 oven
– Revamping and new primary line with quench tower on EAF 2 oven. Sicily steelworks revamping smoke plant
– Steelworks plant upgrade
– Responsibility for filtration systems
– Technical director of a steel plant in Poland and two plants in France
– De-dusting plants for the non-ferrous metals sector, pharmaceutical industries, sterile chambers, integrated cycle steel plants, zinc treatment plants for pipes, cement plants and glassworks
– Abating acid gases, from galvanic, and micro graphic macro laboratories
– Continuous casting powder
– Traditional and innovative sintering processes
– Frontier knowledge on metal foams and related processes
– Heat treatments of special steels
– Knowledge of all traditional and innovative techniques of control and characterization of metallic materials
– Chemical analyses
– Metallographic optical and electronic analysis including TEM techniques, Rx diffraction, Rx fluorescence, and mechanical tests
– Physical measurements such as density, thermal analysis, dilatometry
– Knowledge of process steel metallurgy in particular Secondary Metallurgy, Continuous Casting, and rolling mills
– Basic metallurgical problems such as: residual elements, fragility, and control of recrystallization
Our expert holds a Master’s degree in aerospace engineering from Polytechnic University of Milan.
Our expert has considerable experience in managing large teams with 400+ people. This has honed his ability to organize efficient team structures, delegate effectively, and to get the very best from each group and individual. Our expert has worked in many countries around the globe, so that he understands the importance of blending in with local cultures to achieve best results when working in steel plants with teams composed of employees with different nationalities.
Our expert developed his earlier career as a steel markets analyst, researching a wide range of market sectors for publication, from steelmaking over raw materials to steel product and end user markets.
– Providing metallurgical services to billet and bloom casting machine builders and operators
– Theoretical and practical training of operators, supervisors and managers
– Performance testing until final acceptance
– Optimization of process for quality and operation
– Trouble-shooting of quality and operational problems
– Performing cold, hot and product tests including provisional and final acceptance
– Designing and installing casting parameters
– Customer support visits, technical assistance
– Preparation of technical documentation including metallurgical manuals and training manuals
– Providing input to the basic design concept for continuous casting machines based on clients’ steel grades and production requirements
– Specifications relating to processing conditions such as water cooling requirements, casting speed etc
Our expert’s expertise covers simulation, modelling, control and optimization technologies for industrial applications as well as data pre-processing and data analytics and mining through traditional and artificial intelligence-based techniques. Our expert holds a Masters Degree in Engineering and a PhD in Robotics.
Our expert holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science and a PhD in Industrial and Information Engineering.